In a July 18 testimony to Congress, Dr. Jennifer Francis, an atmospheric scientist from Rutgers and key innovator to understanding how climate change has brought about dangerous alterations to the Northern Hemisphere Jet Stream, provides five compelling reasons why we should all be quite concerned about human caused global warming.
1. CO2 levels are higher than they’ve been in probably 2.5 million years.
2. The northern polar sea ice has lost more than 3/4 (80% ) of its volume since 1979.
3. The pace of sea level rise is accelerating.
4. The Arctic has warmed 2-3 times faster than the rest of the Northern Hemisphere.
5. Climate misleaders deliberately ignore and misconstrue the science.
The video is well worth the five minutes it takes to watch. A more in depth PDF was also provided for those looking to dig deeper.
View original post 4 more words