Food Tank, “The Think Tank for Food,” celebrates the results of a study conducted by the European Parliament’s Independent Research Service. Calling it a year-end gift to organic advocates, they note:
…the European Parliament’s Independent Research Service, titled “Human health implications of organic food and organic agriculture,” has concluded that eating organic food improves early development, reduces pesticide exposure, strengthens the nutritional value of food, and mitigates disease risks.
The article also states:
Early studies have found numerous advantages for eaters to consume organic products, including:
- Reduced occurrence of adult obesity and type-2 diabetes
- Reduced incidence of cardiovascular diseases and other diseases
- Reduced environmental impact due to fewer greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduced exposure to pesticides through food, which improves cognitive development
- Reduced prevalence of adolescent allergies
- Reduced processing leads to higher levels of antioxidants like omega-3 fatty acids
If you would like to learn more about Food Tank or become a member you can find them here.